Version 1.0.5 – Released 17th June – Latest
Prior Beta Test Versions
Build 60 – Released 18th June
Build 59 – Released 18th June
- Fix: Colour of menu subtitle text was not suitable in light theme
- Fix: UVC controls at bottom of app regularly reported the wrong active playlist entry on start-up
Build 58 – Released 11th June
- Fix: Some of the welcome set overruns the page
- Enh: Second line of settings menu should be smaller, grey text
- Fix: Manual downloads box too wide
- Fix: Removal of Favourites selection box broken. Sorted.
- Enh: Licence state is now tracked between app reloads so that state changes are tracked and users are appropriately informed
Build 55 – 57 – Released 8-10th June 2018
- New: Added a default settings page as part of the new user welcome process
- New: Added download network restriction override option
- Fix: Checkbox option on deleting downloads was being ignored.
- Fix: Warn user when trying to access update history when there is no internet
- Fix: About page privacy and EULA pages optimised to fit full page
- Fix: SafeClearNavigationHistory() doesn’t need to fire every time we launch
- Fix: Text for purchase option was clipped in the help + feedback menu section
- Fix: The favourite NewFrom variable wasn’t being set properly
- Fix: Creating a new SmartPlaylist and then tapping an entry in burger menu created a zombie entry
- Enh: Updated the user guide to mention the new spotlight feature
- Enh: Favourites refresh market set for new users to avoid unnecessary refreshes when first configuring
- Enh: SmartPlaylist buttons have right-justified labels
Version 1.2.54 – Released 7th June 2018
- Fix: Licencing process optimisations
Version 1.2.53 – Released 2nd June 2018
- Fix: Window proportions not set correctly for new users
- Fix: Adding a podcast as a favourite did not properly update the New counter
Version 1.2.52 – Released 30th May 2018
- Enh: Added exception trapping for FromOADate()
- Enh: Changed logic on MergeDBDataWithFeed() to avoid DB entries getting orphaned.
- Enh: Optimised MergeEpisodeEntrieswithMountedPlaylist() for a cleaner replace.
- Enh: Committing log no longer clears it, leaves the last 20 lines
- Fix: SetPlaylistCurrentEntryIndex() caused an exception when no DB entry could be found
- Enh: Empty favourites placeholder page – accent colours added
- Fix: New install process correctly resizes window
- Enh: Category wizard processing now has a modal status message
Version 1.2.51 – Released 28th May 2018
- Fix: Re-established demo and purchase modes within the app
- Enh: Added ability to send a storage report via the About page
Version 1.2.50 – Released 24th May 2018
- Fix: Renaming a category did not update the category description on the favourites page until the app was restarted
- Fix: Issue where both the group/title configuration settings on favourite page did not update following equivalent change within settings
- Fix: Added support for the PodcastDetailsPage getting a corrupt page parameter. Fails more gracefully with a warning.
- Enh: Added some more debug code to DiscoverActiveDownloadsAsync() to focus on NoElement exceptions
- Enh: Added new remote telemetry support to better handle bug reporting. Legacy system remains for background sync exceptions.
Version 1.2.49 – Released 22nd May 2018
- New: Added support for the 2018 British Podcast Awards under a new section called Spotlight (within Discovery)
- New: Added support for iTunes url schemes meaning you can trigger PL2 via a “subscribe via iTunes” button (PC only)
- New: Added PodHub UK into the catalogue listing just for Steve
- Fix: Aborting the import of an OPML file still showed the progress bar and import message at the bottom of the window
- Fix: SafeStringToURL returning null was causing unexpected behaviour and RSS mount exceptions
Version 1.2.48 – Released 8th May 2018
- Fix: issue where setting the active playlist entry as PlayedInFull caused a database exception
- Fix: issue where the episode history status was not being updated properly on the player page because the binding was breaking down
- Fix: Unable to pause playback when it was buffering
- Fix: Exporting favourites to email routine triggered an exception if the OPML routine failed
- Fix: Issue with importing podcasts was triggering an exception when re-adding favourite. Simply ignoring duplicates now.
- Fix: Pause button is now displayed when playback has commenced, even if it’s still buffering. Before user had to trust that playback would auto-start.
- Fix: Tightened up DiscoverActiveDownloadsAsync routine to check for null response from API before continuing.
Version 1.2.47 – Released 3rd May 2018
- Fix: UpdateTimerAndPlayState routine corrected to better cope with a null episode entry
- Fix: UpdateForwardBackControlsEnabledState routine strengthened to better cope with null CurrentPlayer
- Fix: UpdateFavouriteEntry and UpdateProgrammeEntry were triggering for all favourites within BuildFullPodcastObject method causing DB exception in some cases
- Fix: Added additional debug checking to HandleDownloadAsync routine to check for null references
- Fix: Added null parameter checking to PauseDownload/ResumeDownload/PauseAll/ResumeAll
- Fix: Added additional debug to help with CreateDownloadGroupReferences exceptions
Version 1.2.46 – Released 1st May 2018
- Fix: Added additional padding to the top of active download item entry
- Fix: Additional support added to DiscoverActiveDownloads method to cope with null file handles on startup
- Fix: Corrected issue on import page where users could double-initiate imports by double-tapping.
- Fix: Downloads area pivot did not reset back to Grouped section when revisiting
- Fix: First podcast in favourites list was always selected when returning to page
- Enh: Added timestamps to entering/leaving background log messages
- Enh: Test optimisation of episodes read from DB – 2/3 improvement in read performance
- Enh: Changed the log file viewer font
Version 1.2.45 – Released 28th April 2018
- Fix: Last page of the tutorial had an erroneous block of text
- Fix: Corrected theme for checkbox messagebox
- Fix: Insufficient menu on left side of in-progress download item
- Fix: Early exit from the background sync routine was incorrectly registering an exception
- Fix: Exception when the playlist is unmounted after a stop, the UpdatePlaybackPositionStatus failed with a NRE
- Fix: Exception triggered when the sleep timer completes a track and attempts to pause the player from wrong thread
- Fix: Failures with playlist generation caused NRE when list length was shorter than expected
- Fix: Podcasts with leading comments were failing our XML check
- Fix: In some circumstances where there is no internet/cache, the episodes list would just show the retry button with no message.
- Enh: Network status event now detects metered network changes
- Enh: Added the ability to suppress download deletion questions (override in settings > downloads)
- Enh: Centralised network change event routine
- Enh: Additional download status reporting for downloads waiting for system resources (network etc.)
- Enh: Deleting a single episode now mentions the episode by name
- Enh: Background sync now checks for metered networks before it proceeds
- Enh: Added extra logging information for background sync routines
- Enh: Added ability to individually pause and resume downloads on the “In Progress” section
- Enh: Moved messageboxes out of global download routine and added full return status object for more efficient code
Version 1.2.44 – Released 25th April 2018
- Fix: Downloads section combobox didn’t collapse when user revisited pages
- Fix: Secondary tile exist routines could sometimes cause and untrapped exception
- Fix: Background downloads with failing internet connection triggered an exception
- Fix: Paused podcasts were not being remembered in the UI when navigating away and returning to downloads page
- Fix: Background sync notification checks were firing twice on resuming
- Fix: Potential null reference exception with ToMediaPlaybackItem() method
- Fix: The PCAST link in the share method was getting corrupted
- Enh: Harmonised podcast deleting into one common, consistent method. User asked every time to delete.
- Enh: Blocks put in place to stop the background task running on PC when the app is visible
Version 1.2.43 – Released 22nd April 2018
- Fix: Fixed issue with directory details button not working (trim BOM required on XML)
- Fix: Downloading and cancelling and downloading again led to a DB exception
- Fix: Podcast feeds often misreported file sizes. This is now updated when the download completes. This will not retroactively fix downloads before this build.
- Fix: Top100 list now correctly reports and error to the UI
- Fix: Returning to the episodes page was resetting the filter/sort view
- Fix: Errors in catalogue and top100 in some instances were overlapping old results
- Fix: Further adjustment of old playlists layout to reduce text clipping
- Fix: Moved collections header text into listview header so that it scrolls out of the way
- Fix: Play history pop up menu would not scroll correctly
- Fix: Improved listview item width to maximise space used on screen
- Fix: Importing from PCAST:// was showing debug material causing import fail
- New: Added additional button functions to the ProgramExtraDetailView for consistency
- New: Added additional button functions to the EpisodeExtraDetailView for consistency
- Enh: Added preamble explanation at the top of collection section
- Enh: Added in-progress modals when deleting large quantities of files from the download section
- Enh: Added further retry buttons near to internet connectivity error messages throughout app
- Enh: Changed directory filter box to be more in-keeping with the rest of the app using refine dropdown
Version 1.2.42 – Released 20th April 2018
- Fix: Podcast directory was no longer working. Issue with characterset identifier at start impacting parser
- Fix: Reformatted past playlist page to render better on low resolution screens
- Fix: Added fall-back code for CultureInfo exceptions on the Top100 directory page
Version 1.2.41 – Released 18th April 2018
- Fix: Cancelled downloads were marked as deleted, thus were prevented from being automatically downloaded in the future via background sync
- Fix: Orphaned downloads on start-up were being removed, but the remnants of any downloaded file was being left in storage
- Fix: Background sync downloads were being started, but procedure wasn’t waiting until they had completed, causing huge queues of files
- Fix: Added code to purge orphaned download files caused by background sync queue issue – happens on startup
- Fix: Background sync better handles early cancellation
- Fix: Detect active downloads when the app is resuming/coming to the foreground
- Fix: Failed/cancelled downloads were not being properly cleaned up and deleted
- Fix: Added code to clean up failed downloads as part of the sync routine
- Fix: Failed downloads during background sync no longer increment the download counter
Version 1.2.40 – Released 15th April 2018
- Fix: Repositioned the exception log checking code to more reliable location in launch routine
- Fix: Favourites were being updated on start-up even if there was no internet connectivity. New check in place.
- Fix: Favourites were being updated more frequently than required. Fixed.
- Fix: Orphaned downloads with no database reference are now removed when detected.
- Fix: Corrected “Great Britain” to say “United Kingdom”
- Enh: Added additional debug code to help assess unexpected growth in download folder
- Enh: Added additional disk-space checks for downloads as the current ones fail when the episode filesize is reported as zero
Version 1.2.39 – Released 8th April 2018
- New: Added menu functionality to “Select All” (This is a test – doing so puts major pressure on the database)
- New: Added additional playback speeds
- New: Added a check for an excessive number of downloads in order to warn user
- New: Top100 listing can now be customised by genre and country
- New: Added collections section for discovery of podcasts from the most prolific publishers
- Enh: Optimised the database method for making episodes as played in full
- Enh: Optimised the methods for generating downloads to make them much faster
- Fix: Restoring a backup would conclude by erroneously writing an exception log file by mistake.
- Fix: Restore routine optimised to avoid writing out unnecessary token files
- Fix: Downloads approved on a restricted network via user response were still being paused due to network costs.
- Fix: Play history menu did not allow horizontal scrolling meaning some menu options were obscured
- Fix: Application startup crash when active downloads list were being built on the wrong thread
- Fix: Podcasts encoded in Latin ISO-8859-1 were being read incorrectly as UTF-8 causing corrupted text
Version 1.2.38 – Released 1st April 2018
- Fix – Addressed issue with a crash when deleting a Smart Playlist which had generated playlists in the playlist history
- Fix – where opening an entry from the directory and returning, lost the position in the directory
- Fix – where opening a podcast directory item twice resulted in an exception in certain circumstances
- Fix – where right clicks were not being properly processed in directory view causing an exception
- Fix – where opening an entry from the Top100 and returning, lost the position in the results
- Fix – Background sync wasn’t resetting the FavouritesRefreshTime, causing UI to perform unnecessary refreshes in some instances.
- Fix – Tightened up Favourite removal method to better cope with null results.
- Fix – Updated UpdateEpisodePlaybackStatus as in some cases it could be driven from a non UI thread
- Fix – CancelAllDownloads routine updated to better cope with null entries
- Fix – cancelling all active downloads did not work in some circumstances
- Fix – Downloads page cancellation routine often failed.
- Fix – Playlist entries cancelled from the downloads section still showed as downloading from the player page if user returned.
- Enh – Added code to trap .OGG podcasts which aren’t supported on phone API. RSS parser now checks for alternatives.
- Enh – Added ability to email database via the About page
- Test – Experimenting with a different means of clearing the backstack
Version 1.2.37 – Released 27th March 2018
- Moved from PasswordVault credentials to using Windows UI for authenticated podcasts
- When building a playlist from an episodes list sorted with oldestfirst, the list was built the wrong way (adding older)
- Sort/Filter dropdowns should go back to hidden when new fav opened
- Fixed single deleting items from the All download list, does not update Grouped list and counters.
- Fixed import podcasts has all podcasts selected, but the import button wasn’t enabled
- Importing status text clipped when pulling in gpodder material
- Removed calculating message on RHS on the manage storage section
- Fixed Settings: Layout: page drop-downs for layout and auto-sort resize
- Fixed: Settings: Downloads: Drop down resize width
- Shortened the log file line prefix
- Added the ability to find podcasts by same publisher
- Forward and Back track routines were not checking validity of move and were firing exception if at extremes.
- Tightened up CleanseEpisode routine which was causing an exception in some situations
- Added Top100 podcasts list into discover section
- Fixed: Adding smart playlist results to current playlist (that is playing) does not fully come across (doesn’t show in the playing now playlist page). Only last entry in selection appears.
- Download age cleanup routine was only reporting, but wasn’t actually deleting
- Optimised the launch timings to move more non-essential activities to a background thread
- Database wasn’t being mounted asynchronously
- Application launch code massively optimised – large performance improvements achieved.
- App now informs about background sync even when warm resuming
Version 1.2.36 – Released 25th March 2018
- Update XML parse routine to handle BOM characters at start (Impacted Skeptic’s podcast)
- Addressed issue where adding a favourite where one already existed caused an exception
- Fixed issue where second PCAST launch did not show UI
- Fixed nullrefexception when attempting to play a podcast with null attributes (author, title etc.)
- Added exception trapping functionality to update primary and secondary tile counter exceptions
- Added exception tracking for housekeeping function at app launch
- Fixed bug with RSS import window persisting every time favourites page got re-opened
- Adjusted network change event for background sync routine to better cope with flight-mode situations
- Better handling of a null current playlist in background sync thread
- Wasn’t handling podcasts which had episodes with no media content well. These episodes are now excluded.
- Smart playlist compilation could only be cancelled once. Second time got stuck in loop.
Version 1.2.35 – Released 21st March 2018
- Fixed problem where OPML import with a blank rssurl field would cause an import failure.
- Added OPML filename association to launch and import
- Changing favourites sort mode in settings was not being respected in configure view under favourites page
- Fixes for adding RSS by URL and subsequent deletion which was causing an exception
- Added support for PCAST:// URI launches and podcastlounge://subscribe URI launches
- Added ability to configure global sort/filter options within layout settings. Adjusted individual podcast settings to act as an override.
- Fix for episode multi-select “none” function breaking
- Adding a favourite from the episodes view now asks for category
- Buffering now visible when player playlists blind is open
- Adding favourite by URL now asks for category
- Adding favourite by URL now checks if a duplicate exists
- When an episode is deleted, or marked as played, it should disappear in certain views. Fixed.
- Elevating an old playlist as current, then attempting an episode download caused a crash. Fixed.
- Added message on startup to allow exception log files to be sent to Igneous
- Toned down the listview accent colour
Version 1.2.34 – Beta test launch build
- Added support for RSS tag for greater image compatibility
- Added support for scoring of server cache performance
- Server cache enquiries now fully enabled (previously turned off for debugging)
- HTTP string download now forces to UTF-8
- Tightened up information presentation on storage space within tools
- Captured exception when assigning categories to favourites
- New counters not being correctly updated in some instances
- Fixes to enhanced description view for individual episodes
- Fixes to sharing interface giving greater options
- Optimised performance of the assign category page and addressed issue where listbox would go null
- Added new filter option to only show new and incomplete episodes